Regardless of the type of exercise bike that you have, it is crucial to obtain the right information to track your progress. These details include time and distance, among other things. This is also vital in determining the calories burned. Geeking out on your indoor workout data is possible when you have the right tools. Among others, one of the most important it a Fitbit. There is no default option for indoor cycling, but there is a workaround to such. Read on and we’ll let you know the things to do.
Table of Contents
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Add Indoor Cycling to Fitbit
Fitbit tracks your steps, but there is a way for you to use it as well on good folding exercise bikes or good exercise bikes for bad knees, among other types of stationary bikes. There is no direct option to add indoor cycling, but with a few tweaks, you can monitor such.
Record Indoor Cycling Through the Website
You can manually log the details of your workout on the website of Fitbit. Once you are on the website, here are the things that you will need to do.
- Log-in on the website using your credentials.
- Tap Log, and click on Activities.
- Go to the search field and type spinning.
- Input the time you started cycling, as well as the duration of the activity.
- After this, the app will automatically calculate the calories that you have burned, and such information will be filled in.
- Tap Log, and after this, you can already see it in your Activity History.
Record Indoor Cycling Through the iOS App
If you have an iPhone, follow the steps below to add indoor cycling on your Fitbit.
- Open the Fitbit app on your phone and tap Track Exercise.
- Once you are on the dashboard, click the stopwatch icon. It is on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click Log, then type Spinning on the search field.
- Input the start of your indoor cycling and the duration.
- Finish by tapping Add.
Record Indoor Cycling through the Android App
Meanwhile, if you have an Android, here’s what you need to do:
- Open the app on your phone.
- Click the Track Exercise tile.
- Tap the stopwatch symbol and click Log Previous.
- Once you are on the search field, type spinning.
- Add the start time and duration of the workout, and finish by clicking Log It.
Keeping track of your fitness routine is important. Aside from recording your indoor cycling with Strava, you can do the same with Fitbit. It is possible through the website or mobile app. All that you have to do is manually input the start time and the duration. After which, the app will automatically compute other important things that you need to know, such as the calories that you have burned from the workout.